The Kern Groundwater Authority (KGA) provides local policy makers, stakeholders, and the public a forum to monitor, report and/or discuss groundwater activities and identify and address any local groundwater issues.
The KGA was formed for the purpose of:
- Coordinating groundwater management programs and activities;
- Identifying and addressing issues pertaining to sustainable groundwater management; and
- Establishing a framework for local groundwater management.
For Kern County, retention of local control is critical to the continued success of what is arguably the most complex and innovative water management system in the nation.
- KGA Joint Powers Agreement – July 2019 (amended and restated)
- KGA Joint Powers Agreement – March 22, 2017 (amended and restated)
- KGA Joint Powers Agreement – April 5, 2016 (amended and restated)
- KGA Joint Powers Agreement – May 27, 2014
- Olcese Water District Notice of Withdrawal from KGA JPA
- Cawelo Water District
- Kern County Water Agency
- Kern-Tulare Water District
- Kern Water Bank Authority
- North Kern Water Storage District
- Rosedale-Rio Bravo Water Storage District
- Shafter-Wasco Irrigation District
- West Kern Water District
- Westside District Water Authority
- Eastside Water Management Area
- Shafter-Wasco 7th Standard Annex Area
Catalog of Enterprise Systems: No systems to report.